- Back to Home »
- Sony Cyber-shot QX10 and the iPhone 5
Posted by :
Unknown
September 6, 2013
I'm on location in Berlin in the week at IFA 2013 – primarily serving to out the fellows at automaton Central – however Sony born a replacement product in their news conference that bears interest to iPhone house owners yet as those carrying associate automaton phone. when weeks of leaked data, the Cyber-shot QX10 and QX100 were formally introduced to the globe as a camera attachment for your smartphone. Well, a camera attachment for your automaton or iOS smartphone, at least. I've managed to urge hold of the less costly model, the QX10, to pay some quality time with it. I've had it but twenty four hours, however i have been victimization it all day to do and find a grieve it, thus here's some early thoughts.
Compared to the iPhone five, it's still quite massive. where you position it there is not abundant area either facet to truly grip the combined package.
FYI, I found attaching it slightly off center towards the iPhone five camera worked well, principally as a result of the shutter button within the companion app is on the proper of the show. and i am right handed , thus this felt more well-off.
Speaking of the companion app; it's pretty janky. The camera connects victimization wireless local area network Direct, and whereas it's pretty sensible most of the time, do not be moving it around an excessive amount of if you do not wish to possess to attend for it to catch copy and show you what you wish to seem at. there is lag too after you hit the shutter button within the app to that really taking a photograph.
As a chunk of hardware, the QX10 is not unhealthy. If you have ever command a Sony Cyber-shot camera, you may feel reception with this.
It adds weight to the iPhone five clearly, however it is not as irresistible as I 1st thought it would be. Once you get a snug grip that you are pleased with, it is not that totally different to employing a compact photographic camera.
The QX10 is largely a point-and-shoot category camera, and therefore the pictures it produces square measure in line thereupon (though a trade event is not by any means that the most effective place to check this.) however having access to a 10x optical zoom on your phone, and having those pictures saved to your camera roll is pretty nice.
Lack of flash is not the pocket bread I 1st thought it might be. you are not progressing to be taking getting dark photos with it, however I will put up that.
Cross-platform support could solely be automaton and iOS, however that is a fairly sensible begin.
That's virtually simply many fast thoughts supported a brief quantity of hands on time with the QX10. there is progressing to be lots of parents out there which will be sceptical, I get that. however i have been running round the halls of the Messe Berlin with this factor most of nowadays, and honestly, I've had a blast with it. My regular – and far larger – camera has stayed stowed in my gear bag, and i have been shooting like thunder with the QX10. I've even used it for a hero image in one among the press conferences over on automaton Central.
It isn't good, there is stuff i do not like. But, it is a new plan, and a replacement concept has my attention. i will be outlay longer with it once I get home from Berlin and can get to a correct review once things are not thus crazy, however I quite find it irresistible to this point. More so, it gets ME very excited for the QX100 that has well higher optics, purportedly on par with the Sony RX100.
And, as a result of it is a camera, I had to shoot many fast and dirty pictures from the show floor to ascertain what was what. All that I've done is crop and size the photographs to suit the iMore internet guide, no editing. Scroll down a bit more to ascertain many of these, and i will be back with a bunch additional return review time. What does one assume though? is that this a product you'll get behind?
.jpg)
